Your easy one-stop-shop for social media sizing for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Etsy, YouTube, Tumblr and general website ads.
Looking for a design program that is inexpensive and easy to use?
Canva is for you!
You do not need to be an experienced designer to create beautiful and professional designs. Their drop-and-drag system is easy to use even for the most novice of computer users. You can create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations, wallpapers and so much more.
WordPress plugins to combat hackers
#DidYouKnow? An average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. #WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and obsolete software.
Here are some of Rough & Ready’s favorite plugins to help you combat those nasty hackers.
1) BruteProtect: A cloud-powered Brute Force attack prevention plugin and the best protection against botnet attacks.
2) Wordfence: A free enterprise class security and performance plugin that makes your site up to 50 times faster and more secure.
3) iThemes Security: Gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site.
Personal Branding Trends That Will Impact Your Success In 2015
When Tom Peters coined the term “personal branding” in his prophetic article “The Brand Called You” in 1997, he was describing a world of work where employees think of themselves as brands and use all the same assets, resources and tools that corporate brands have to remain relevant and achieve their goals. Well, nearly 20 years later, Mr. Peters’ vision is coming to fruition, spurring many exciting trends for 2015.
In 2014, the groundwork was visible across multiple communication platforms. Many aspects of the world Tom Peters described became commonplace. Paired with the impact of digital, the scene is now set for important transformations in the year ahead.
In this installment, I share five of the top ten trends that will impact the brand called YOU.
1. The Social Organization: Employees Build Their Brand in Bits and Bytes
2. Time Trumps Money: Individuals See the Value of Outsourcing
3. Viva la Video: Everyone’s Ready for Their Close Up
4. Coaching for All: It’s Not Just for the C-Suite Anymore
5. Smaller. Faster. Simpler. Better.
6. Everyone is a Blogger: Citizen Journalism Becomes a Reality
7. Digital First, Real Second: First Impressions in Bits and Bytes
8. Work The Way You Want: The Truly Flexible Workplace
9. Brand on the Run: Mobile Branding Becomes Commonplace
10. Digital Brand You: A Personal Web Site for Everyone.
Looking to enhance the photos you take on your smartphone? Give Rookie a try.
It’s fairly easy to use even for the tech novice and has several fun options like adding texture or light leaks to your images.
You can even add text, adjust tones, crop and apply filters to your image as well.
Your problems are really your blessings if you use them to grow stronger. Never quit just because you feel temporarily defeated. You have not been beaten – this is not a competition. Keep working to be the best you can be. It doesn’t matter how slow you go so long as you don’t give up on yourself.
The greatest thinking trap is self-rejection. When you begin to believe the negative voices in your head that sometimes call you worthless, then the thought of leaving this world can seem like an attractive option. What you need to realize is: these negative voices are lies.
“It shouldn’t be easy to be amazing. Then everything would be. It’s the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something’s difficult to come by, you’ll do that much more to make sure it’s even harder – or impossible – to lose.” ―Sarah Dessen