Rough & Ready Media is experiencing tremendous growth and is looking for someone who is willing to make a long-term commitment to working with and growing along with us. We will provide you with the tools you need to succeed. For the right person, this is the opportunity for a career, not just another job.
We are currently looking for someone with intermediate level of expertise in Graphic Design for various design products. This is a freelance position with the possibility of becoming full-time. Starting pay is $15 hr. with the ability to increase overtime depending on skill and quality.
- Design and layout print and electronic promotional collateral; including brochures, flyers, e-mails, and product presentations.
- Business collateral design (Brochures, business cards, letterhead, etc.)
- Social media design (Timeline images, backgrounds, promotions, etc.)
- Logo design and/or illustration
- Magazine, Newspaper, Newsletter and pamphlet design
- Billboards and advertisements
- Flyers, posters, stickers, etc.
- And many more design possibilities
Our graphic artist position requires a unique combination of administrative skills, creative design skills and good communication skills. The preferred candidate will be proficient using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, have experience working under deadlines, and communicating with customers. Excellent illustration skills a plus. Illustrator experience is required. You will receive as much training as necessary in order for you to be successful. Nevertheless, previous experience in newspaper layout, yellow page layout, or similar ad layout is preferred.
- Graphic Design experience; with excellent knowledge of graphic and photo software (CS6 or higher preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and related computer applications
- Mac and PC literate
- Well organized with ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Able to handle work-related stress
- Acute vision and attention to detail
- Handles rejection in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills – strong command of English required
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and time management abilities
- Strong attention to detail and desire for accuracy
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Available at least Monday-Friday
- Communicate project progression to appropriate parties
- Most importantly, willing to take initiative to go beyond the instructions given to learn and/or do more to make their work better.
- Illustration skills
- Knowledge in design of email campaigns, newsletters, web advertising and other promotions.
- Experience in print design and understanding of the press printing process.
- Experience designing for mobile apps and websites.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send email your resume and cover letter along with samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please include:
- Details of your past experience with Graphic Design including any examples of your work — if sending a list of sites, please include which parts of the site you worked on.
- Include any other design related tasks you have done or skills you may have.
- What is your preferred method(s) of communication (email, chat, etc.)?
- How long do you plan on continuing your freelance work in the future?
- What are the most hours of work you could take on right now?