Personal Branding Trends That Will Impact Your Success In 2015
When Tom Peters coined the term “personal branding” in his prophetic article “The Brand Called You” in 1997, he was describing a world of work where employees think of themselves as brands and use all the same assets, resources and tools that corporate brands have to remain relevant and achieve their goals. Well, nearly 20 years later, Mr. Peters’ vision is coming to fruition, spurring many exciting trends for 2015.
In 2014, the groundwork was visible across multiple communication platforms. Many aspects of the world Tom Peters described became commonplace. Paired with the impact of digital, the scene is now set for important transformations in the year ahead.
In this installment, I share five of the top ten trends that will impact the brand called YOU.
1. The Social Organization: Employees Build Their Brand in Bits and Bytes
2. Time Trumps Money: Individuals See the Value of Outsourcing
3. Viva la Video: Everyone’s Ready for Their Close Up
4. Coaching for All: It’s Not Just for the C-Suite Anymore
5. Smaller. Faster. Simpler. Better.
6. Everyone is a Blogger: Citizen Journalism Becomes a Reality
7. Digital First, Real Second: First Impressions in Bits and Bytes
8. Work The Way You Want: The Truly Flexible Workplace
9. Brand on the Run: Mobile Branding Becomes Commonplace
10. Digital Brand You: A Personal Web Site for Everyone.